2002 Najad 490 ‘LA CONTENTA‘
Originally ordered with the specific brief to create a safe, comfortable and easily-managed world-cruiser for a husband & wife crew, LA CONTENTA has proven herself to be all of this and more. Her specification highlights include:-
- Leisurefurl inboom furling system
- Andersen electric winches
- Cutter rig with Furlex furlers for staysail and yankee
- Two cabin, two heads layout with custom front cabin configuration affording substantially increased stowage over standard.
- 24vDC domestic system
- 8kw Generator
- Spectra 24vDC watermaker
- Clima air-conditioning
- Eberspacher Hydronic heating
- KVH Tracvision Satellite TV system
- Icom SSB radio
- Washing machine
- Iridium phone
Particular attention was given to creating essential additional storage and also logical choices in terms of rig, machinery and electrical selection and location. A major requirement of her original owners was the ability to service systems at sea safely and with ease. First launched in 2002, La Contenta cruised for on average 6 months of each year with her systems fully laid up in between.
Over the last couple of years with her second owners she has benefitted from many upgrades and replacements including:
- New standing rigging
- New North Spectra sails
- New electronics
- New cooker with upgraded dual-input gas system
- Engine-out overhaul and service/overhaul of all machinery systems
- New batteries
- Overhauled teak decks
- Replacement rudder with upgraded stainless steel stock
- New covers and canvas
- New Eberspacher ‘Hydronic’ water heating system in addition to existing air-con.
We are her third custodians and are benefiting from the love and care that her previous two owners have bestowed on her. We too have carried on the history of good maintenance and upgrading, adding a cruising chute, new dorades, an iridium phone and red box, and upgraded some of the interior electrics.